Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

apc ups management thru dmz

hi all,

i have a 5510 asa box and i have front end exchange server in dmz which is 172.16.1.0/24 network and my inside network is 192.168.1.0/24 which is having backend exchange and the setup is working fine.

i ihave enabled icmp traffic from dmz to inside so i can ping to inside and i have one apc ups which is in inside network im not able to ping or i cannot perfom any activity to its management port.

is something need to be enabled.by default all the communication from inside to dmz and vice versa is enabled.so what could be the problem.

kindly suggest

Regds

Binoy

3 REPLIES

Re: apc ups management thru dmz

Why do you need to communicate from a DMZ server to a UPS on the inside? That hole should not be opened up.

hi clark

tnx for your reply.what i need is incase of power failure my front end exchange server which is in dmz need to get requests from the apc ups port to shutdown automatically thats what i need.

That makes perfect sense! Since the UPS is on the inside and will send SNMP to the DMZ server, we need to look at the ACL applied to the inside interface. Is there one applied? Can you post the relevent part?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content