Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Apple PPTP Client to VPN 3005 Concentrator Through 806 Router

I am trying to get 2 outside clients that use 806 routers to VPN to my 3005 Concentrator. Both are using the Apple PPTP Client that came with Mac OS X 10.2.

Both 806 routers are using a single fixed outside IP address and the IP/FW Plus IOS. Also the VPN 3005 is configured correctly as I can use the same Apple PPTP client at home through an Apple Airport 2 Base Station and get in fine.

Any help appreciated,

Ben

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Apple PPTP Client to VPN 3005 Concentrator Through 806 Route

Sorry, the concentrator could not terminate pptp clients that went through PAT (or share nat addresses).

Regards,

But it does as I mentioned with Apple Airport 2's. Which are the newer 2 Ethernet version of the Airport. Which acts like a wireless enabled router.

Cisco Employee

It must be some special feature functionality on the apple airport. For the ios pptp passthrough function, which is on IOS 12.1.3T and later, using the same to the concentrator, does not work..... CSCal02929 from here : http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/launch_bugtool.pl

Regards,

Cisco Employee

By the way, why not use the Cisco vpn client? It has nat transparency (UDP or TCP) that would help you overcome this issue on the router.

The version to be used for OSX 10.2 is the 3.6.2 client for the mac or later.

Regards,

Eric

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content