Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Application Timeout !!!

Hi All ,

Just a small query , I have a PIX to PIX (site to site) VPN and I am able to successlly ping the server at site B from any computer from site A , but the main Application is loaded in the server at Site B.

The client Applications are loaded on all workstations on Site A.These applications tend to time out after 5 minuites of inactivity , these are Oracle based Applications called IFS which runs from the client machines.

I have done a continious ping ( with the ping x.x.x.x -t ) option in the Dos prompt of the client machine , and then run the client application , the Ping gets a continious reply but the application times out after 5 min.

Is it to do with any ISAKMP lifetime on the firewall or what I am not understanding , The Application works fine without any timeout on all the local machines at the Site B where the server is actually located.But from the machines on site A it times out ........

Any idea why It could be , or is it a VPN issue or an Application issue......

Please give your advice.....

Thanx

Tauseef@cadgulf.com

1 REPLY

Re: Application Timeout !!!

Hi,

The ISAKMP lifetime is for the key exchange , it will not affect your application timeout.

It more likely the application issue. I think you might need a sniffer trace to find out what is the "keepalive" packet between the client and server.

If it is a multicast or broadcast packet, it will not pass through the VPN tunnel.

Because IPSEC VPN tunnel only can pass the unicast packet.

Best Regards,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content