Views
Helpful
Replies

ARE you there feature in pix

raj_bjs77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone tell me how to configure this on a pix.

thanks

6 Replies 6

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

???

I have read that there is a feature called Are you there . This actually checks in the client computer for specific software and services and then only makes a vpn connection.

any idea ?

thanks

The feature you are looking for is called NAC (network admission controll). As far as I remember it is available on PIX with then new 7.2 release of PIX OS.

Pls elaborate on the question.

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Raj,

Does PIX 7.0 support the Are You There (AYT) feature?

A. Yes. In an AYT scenario, a remote user has a personal firewall installed on the PC. The VPN Client enforces the firewall policy defined on the local firewall, and it monitors that firewall to make sure that is runs. If the firewall stops running, the VPN Client drops the connection to the PIX or ASA. This firewall enforcement mechanism is called Are You There (AYT), because the VPN Client monitors the firewall by sending it periodic "are you there?" messages. If no reply comes, the VPN Client knows the firewall is down and terminates its connection to the PIX Security Appliance. The network administrator might configure these PC firewalls originally, but with this approach, users can customize their own configurations.

Please refer the below URL for details:

Pix 7.0 FAQ

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_qanda_item09186a00805b87d8.shtml#q7

Configuration Guide

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/multisec/asa_sw/v_70/config/vpngrp.htm

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul

thanks for the info..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card