cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5300 report

parri
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to produce reports on concurrent users from our AS5300 at regular intervals through the day and on a daily basis.

I've tried doing this from CiscoWorks 2000 using Custom Syslog Reports but it doesn't seem to have the right mnemonic's to do this and I'm not sure whether the AS5300 is capable of doing this itself.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ian,

Help me understand what information is that you need in this report? Is this the information of dialup users? accounting information? What exactly is the "concurrent users" mean?

Thanks,

yatin

Basically, how many separate users are simutaneously logged in at any one time.

This to be recorded at regular intervals.

What method / product you need to use depends on the cost-benefit balance.

Starting with the most basic to some complicated solutions;

1. In built Call Tracker IOS utility to send call details to a syslog server

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/calltracker_view.html

2. Use a script to periodically login to the router to do a 'show caller all" or "show caller summary"

3. Implement a AAA server and deploy accounting.

4. CiscoWorks Voice manager...but this is more of a Voice calls oriented.

Thanks,

yatin

Yatin,

We already have accounting, but this doesn't seem to give you information needed.

I'll some of your other suggestions.

Thanks for your help!

Ian

mhoda
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Are you referring concurrent users as simulataneous users login using the same user account.? If thats the case, turning on accouting on the router may help. What type to AAA server are you using?

Thanks,

Mynul

It's basically, how many separate users are logged in at any one time.

We are running ACS 3.0 and the accounting is on. The accounting doesn't seem to supply the information needed though.

I'm now looking for an updated mib so I can run detailed data collection reports on HP OpenView as well as what Yatin has suggested.

Thanks