Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

asa 5500 two outside interfaces

I am trying to design redudancy into my network and while fooling around with ideas on paper i came up with some questions. i have two internet routers with two different ISPs. They will be running Gateway load balancing protocol between them and each router has two interfaces connected to the same internal vlan on different switches. I configured eth0/0 and eth0/1 to be part of the same bridge-group and have a virtual ip address 10.10.10.1 assigned to router A. and router B has 10.10.10.2/24 assigned too it.

My question is, I would have two ASA5520 in a load balancing Active/Active configuration with two outside interfaces and two inside interfaces on each. Can i have the two outside interfaces belong to the same vlan as the router and possibly assigned ASA_A 10.10.10.3 and ASA_B 10.10.10.4 on a virtual ip address after putting both outside interfaces on each ASA into a bridge group just like i did the router? Or is this functionality of having two interfaces belonging to the same subnet only available on a router? What would the next step be? put each outside interface into a different context? attached in a picture.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: asa 5500 two outside interfaces

second unit cannot be used as both standby in a failover pair and participate in a load-balance cluster.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content