Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA 5510 and antivirus

hi all,

im going to install ASA 5510.its my 1st experience with ASA box.so to configure anti spam and anti virus what all things are required. is it a built in feature of this 5510 box.abt antivirus how it will get updated with new patches.

how to configure the things.pls guide me.any reply will be appreciated with appropriate rating.

Regds

Binoy

• Other Security Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: ASA 5510 and antivirus

Hi Binoy,

firstly- I've never used this feature, but I understand you need the Content Security and Control Module, or 'CSC-SSM'. According to Cisco, this:

"delivers industry-leading threat protection and content control at the Internet edge, providing comprehensive antivirus, antispyware, file blocking, antispam, antiphishing, URL blocking and filtering, and content filtering-in an easy-to-manage solution. The CSC-SSM bolsters the Cisco ASA 5500 Series' strong security capabilities, providing customers with additional protection and control over the content of their business communications. The module provides additional flexibility and choice over the functioning and deployment of Cisco ASA 5500 Series appliances. Licensing options enable organizations to customize the features and capabilities to each group's needs, with features that include advanced content services and increased user capacity. The CSC-SSM ships with a default feature set that provides antivirus, antispyware, and file blocking services. A premium Plus license is available for each CSC-SSM at an additional charge delivering capabilities such as antispam, antiphishing, URL blocking and filtering, and content control services. Businesses can extend the user capacity of the CSC-SSM by purchasing and installing additional user licenses. A detailed listing of these options is shown in the table below as well as in the CSC-SSM datasheet."

So I'd make sure you have bought this as well.

There are 2 options available:

1)The Cisco ASA 5500 Series CSC-SSM-10 module.

Supported platforms

? Cisco ASA 5510 Adaptive Security Appliance

? Cisco ASA 5520 Adaptive Security Appliance

Standard user license: 50 users.

Standard feature set: Antivirus, antispyware, file blocking.

Optional user upgrades (total users)

? 100 users

? 250 users

? 500 users

2)Cisco ASA 5500 Series CSC-SSM-20

Which runs on the same hardware but starts at 500 users and can be upgraded to 750 or 1000.

Oddly, I can find nothing at all on who supplies the av strings, how its configured...

Can anyone else help Binoy?

cheers.

Gary

Re: ASA 5510 and antivirus

thanks gary if you find some config details pls update .

kind regds

Binoy

Views
Helpful
Replies