cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 - Debug command disappears

bsyoung
Level 1
Level 1

I am just wondering if I have missed some safety features that come with the ASA 5510 that would cause the DEBUG not to stay up (such as debug icmp trace). I am running ver 7.0(4) in two of our ASA 5510s and found that the Debug command I issued would disappear after maybe 10 -15 mins sutomatically.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bruce,

I checked the debug behavior with 7.0(5) on Pix and 7.1(2) on ASA and do not see the debug command disappear.

Are you sure that no one else is logged into the ASA the same time you are logged in and did a "u all" or "no debug icmp trace".

Regards,

Arul

Hi Arul,

I was the only one logged in for sure. I actually have 2 ASA 5510s with the same code level that I have tried. I issued the command debug icmp trace on command line and send the debug to my screen. The debug works and shows up when I do a SHOW DEBUG. It takes 15 mins for it to disappear on one and about 30 min on the other. No outstanding DEBUG after that. Did it stay up all the time on yours ?

Thanks.

Bruce.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card