cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 Firewal ACL HITCOUNT

agrayson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a simple question but I am having a hard time getting an answer. WHen you do show access-list command on the ASA 5510 there is a hit count ....i know how to clear that but I want to knowis there a default timer that will clear the hit count ? Or does the hit count remain till I clear the count? I am trying to clean up some ACLs and for future troubleshooting I would like to know that. I dont want to remove an ACL entry with 0 hitcount and then it is needed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The counters are there until one of two things happen; you clear them manually or you reboot the device. There are no timers to clear the counters. We usually clear the counters, let it run for a month or so then clean it up.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The counters are there until one of two things happen; you clear them manually or you reboot the device. There are no timers to clear the counters. We usually clear the counters, let it run for a month or so then clean it up.

Hope that helps.

Thanks thats great ...good ideal I just dont want to remove something and break it...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card