cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 IOS version

IgorHamzic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.I have one quick question.I just got an ASA 5510 revision 7.0 and on the CD that came with it there is something called an ASA 7.2 revision but it's only 5 Mbs large while the one on the ASA is also 5 Mbs large.

As I have never worked with firewalls is that a valid version of IOS and if it is how can I upgrade ASA with it?Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Igor

It is likely that it is a valid version of image for the ASA. I have an image for 7.1.2 that is a bit over 6 MB and an image for 7.2.2 that is just over 8 MB. To upgrade the image you put the image from the CD onto a TFTP server and TFTP the image to the ASA. You may need to configure a boot statement on the ASA to point at the new image. Then save the config and reload. It should come up running the new image.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Igor

It is likely that it is a valid version of image for the ASA. I have an image for 7.1.2 that is a bit over 6 MB and an image for 7.2.2 that is just over 8 MB. To upgrade the image you put the image from the CD onto a TFTP server and TFTP the image to the ASA. You may need to configure a boot statement on the ASA to point at the new image. Then save the config and reload. It should come up running the new image.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

a.shaukat
Level 1
Level 1

yes it should be a valid one cause i got 7.0(4) with my 5520 and i recieved 7.2(2) which is 3.5 mb larger in size then the previous one.

ul need a tftp server to do so like mentioned in the other post..

Thanks guys. I just uploaded the image from tftp server and rebooted the ASA and everything works OK.

I'll leave the original IOS in flash for the time being just in case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card