Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

ASA 5510!

The main difference between Cisco ASA 5510 Firewall Edition Bundle and the Cisco ASA 5510 Security Plus Firewall Edition Bundle (ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9 ) is that ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9 comes with two Cisco ASA devices for Active/failover and also 5 FE interfaces and also the price :D? Just to make sure that Cisco ASA 5510 Firewall Edition Bundle is one device (no standby device) and the ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9 comes with two devices Active/Standby, right?

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: ASA 5510!

Hi again,

i think ASA5510 with IPS (ASA 5510 Appliance with AIP-SSM-10,SW, 3FE, 3DES/AES) is a good solution since i need in IDS, so it is better to have ASA5510 with IPS, again, is (ASA 5510 Appliance with AIP-SSM-10,SW, 3FE, 3DES/AES) comes with two devices active/standby, if yes the IPS SSM can be installed at the primary (active) device, what happens if this active device failed, i.e the secondary (standby) device has no AIP-SSM installed, no ips functionallity?

thanks in dvance

Gold

i don't think it refers to 2 chassises. it really means it supports failover.

in fact the main difference between bun-k9 and sec-bun-k9 is the number of interface. bun-k9 has 3 whereas sec-bun-k9 has 5.

regarding the ssm, it doesn't support failover.

Bronze

so i need to order another chassis to be standby?

Gold

yes.

I ordered a 5540 and a 5510 for this purpose and it is working well

Views
Helpful
Replies