cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 download issue

jwjorgensen
Level 4
Level 4

I am having issues downloading files over 100k sitting behind a firewall. The user is able to download the files when sitting in front of the firewall though. There is a Websense URL filter configured on the ASA but the Websense was shut down completely and we were still having the issue. I even disabled the IPS and took off the inside ACL and still had the issue. I tried some captures and checking the asp drops but had no luck finding the server in question. Has anyone ran into this before and if so, what is the problem?

4 Replies 4

jwalker
Level 3
Level 3

Did you remove the url filtering from the firewall also? If you haven't removed the filtering and the firewall doesn't fail open (when it cannot contact a websense server), then you will still not be able to get out. I would just try negating all of you filtering rules.

Please post your ASA config for your Websense config. Also what version of ASA code are you running?

Do you have the Websense FAQ for setting up ASA's and PIX firewalls? If not please advise...I do not have an URL but I have the text and can post that if you want.

thanks anyway jwjohansen

jwjorgensen
Level 4
Level 4

I fixed the issue. Once I removed the URL filter command from the ASA itself, the downloads started working. Then, I upgraded the software to 7.2 and replaced the URL filter command and everything worked great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card