Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 with AIP-SSM

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am in the process to implement the above title product to one of customer.

I am very familar with Firewall configuration but the AIP-SSM module is the one I am doing first time.

Please I need yours help to do the configuration.

Is there any way using ASDM to configure it, If so please give me the steps and procedures to complete the job

Thanks in advance

swamy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jcockburn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi S,

Very easy:

You log into the ASA, enter enable mode and then connect to the IPS via command "session 1".

You are then connected to the console of the IPS. Enter the username "cisco" and password "cisco" and run setup for the basic config (IP addres etc). After this you can either connect directly to the IPS via web browser or via ASDM.

I would recommend then reading the config guide for the IPS as it can be very intensive (configuring/tweaking signatures etc)

Hope this helps!

Cheers

JC

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jcockburn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi S,

Very easy:

You log into the ASA, enter enable mode and then connect to the IPS via command "session 1".

You are then connected to the console of the IPS. Enter the username "cisco" and password "cisco" and run setup for the basic config (IP addres etc). After this you can either connect directly to the IPS via web browser or via ASDM.

I would recommend then reading the config guide for the IPS as it can be very intensive (configuring/tweaking signatures etc)

Hope this helps!

Cheers

JC

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card