cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 8.0(4) CIFS "Error contacting host"

blade_ace
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having ongoing issues with CIFS shares in the VPN portal on ASA5510 8.0(4). Every few weeks, CIFS shares stop working through the portal. When it stops working, you get an "Error contacting host" right after you enter your Windows domain credentials. I replaced my hostname with the ip address to rule out name resolution as the source of the issue. I have found no less than 3 Bug ids associated with this issue: CSCsl94183, CSCsk29306, CSCsq73588. At this point, the only thing I can do is reboot. This is not a good work around for me since I have to fill out outage notifications every time I bounce a device. I am running 8.0(4). I don't think the issue is resolved. It's still happening to me. Is anyone else having this issue still with 8.0(4) code?

6 Replies 6

jmprats
Level 4
Level 4

I've had the same problem with 8.0.4 code and I have had to reboot the firewall too. I think it's a big problem

i believe i read that it is a known bug. I think it was fixed on the big models with 8.1.2. and might have been fixed with 8.0.4.3 interum release.

jedson328
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this same problem with 8.0(4). The CIFS connections will work fine for a few weeks, and then just stop working with the "error contacting host" message.

A fix for this would be nice, it is one of the primary reasons we chose Cisco's Web VPN.

Does anyone know if this has been resolved by means other than a reload of the ASA? I am currently experiencing the same issue and a reload really is not an option in my case.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

It's fixed in 8.0.4.16.

You can get it on the download page at "Interim Releases"

ID 465511
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I have an environment with this same problem (error contacting host).
Were you able to resolve this folder sharing problem, across access VPN SSL?
For now a reload is not an option in my case.

Version IOS in use:
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.4(4)18
Device Manager Version 7.8(1)150

I need help this question.

Best regards,
Franciele

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: