Views
Helpful
Replies

asa and scp

Yves-Buecking_2
Level 1
Level 1

hi experts,

can I copy the running-config from asa with scp to a linux server ?

I was reading the cli-command guide, but the suggested commandline does not work.

scp -v -pw password filename username@fwsm_address

Does anyone know how scp works with the asa ?

2 Replies 2

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

Please make sure that you are using latest version of the osperating system

give the command :- hostname# ssh scopy enable before initiating the copying process

Hi All,

This is a similar thread to: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/936663#936663

I do not feel this question has been answered in all honesty.

I am working on an ASA 5550 running asa831-k8.bin and can scp files to and from disk0: without any problems.

When I attempt to scp the system:running-config file I get the file succesfully but it contains nothing. On the ASA a "dir system:" shows the running-config file with a file size of 0 bytes but a "more system:running-config" dumps the real contents of the file to the terminal session.

Is there a command to remove the "lock" on this file?

Is there a way to use the archive command to at least archive it to disk0: or some other file system to be pulled via scp? Establishing an IPSEC tunnel from our backup box to every single ASA in our environment for secure tftp would be impossible!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card