cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA + CSC - Is it as good as it is being touted as?

clemsongrad2002
Level 1
Level 1

I have several customers and several potential customers that are looking seriously at using the CSC module as a solution for their spam and anti-x needs. I have reviewed all of the sales material and it seems nice, but I have not had the opportunity to try one out first hand yet.

I would love opinions and/or reviews from engineers who have implemented the CSC module. I appreciate everyone's help in advance.

1 Reply 1

jwjorgensen
Level 4
Level 4

I just installed an ASA 5510 w/CSC module yesterday and have been continually monitoring the statistics via VPN. I am very impressed with the module and it seems to be doing its job quite nicely. It is very easy to set up via the web interface. The only thing that I had to go back and change was the service policy on the ASA. In setting up the IPS modules, I use a permit any any access-list. The CSC only checks FTP,HTTP,SMTP,& POP3 traffic, so I set up an ACL for those four traffic types and another ACL to deny that traffic and permit anything else. That way when you set up a global policy, you can apply the CSC to one class and apply the ASA traffic inspection to any other traffic. Hope this is what you're looking for and sorry if it is overkill.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: