Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA CSC-SSM-10 module constantly unresponsive

Daniela Herrera
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We have an ASA5510 running 8.0(4) with a CSC-SSM-10 module with the following characteristics:

Hardware version: 1.0

Firmware version: 1.0(11)2

Software version: CSC SSM 6.2.1599.4

Once in a while the CSC-SSM module appears as unresponsive and a reset is needed for it to work again. We haven't been able to find a pattern or a reason for this to happen and our customer is unhappy with having to monitor the module everyday in case it's unresponsive again.

This happens almost every month, and we are running out of ideas on how to troubleshoot this.

Is this expected? is there a command or something we should monitor to find the real problem?

Thanks and regards,

4 Replies 4

Hi,

I have a similar situation with one of my clients.

I resolve situation by tunning access-list which send traffic to CSC (for example is a best practce to take off comunication from CSC address to www ports - each scan of a connection to the internet generate an interogation to Trend site from CSC address which not need protection-, also if you have http trafic from Inside to your DMZ also I think that is a traffic which don't need protection). Initially I have to much traffic send to CSC and I try to select just traffic which really need protection.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

We already are limiting the traffic that is being sent to the CSC ssm, we are only missing the connection between the CSC and the internet, however I've been monitoring and it seems the number of connections from there is not relevant. We'll add it however (thanks again) and will try also adding the "set connection per-client-max" on the policy-map to see it if helps.

We are now running 6.2.1599.6 and will monitor for a while.

Any other ideas on how to troubleshoot this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again and regards,

snooter
Level 1
Level 1

Daniela, I'm curious if you ever found a resolution to this?  We're seeing the same thing here.  I can't find any reason why the card would become unresponsive, but it does.  Our only fix is forcing a reboot of the asa which drops all of our remote vpn's and brings down the access to our website = not a lot of happy people!

Any fix yet?

Hello,

We couldn't find an indicator of what was the problem. We are currently on the release 6.3.1172.0 and have been stable for around 4 months now I think.

We also moved the module interface so that it is now connected directly to the internet and have noticed a better performance since then.

We are not really sure what fixed the issue, but I would suggest an upgrade and monitoring the number of conections to make sure those are not a problem for the module.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: