Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA Error: Invalid DOS media or no media in slot

About a week back I used the erase command but actually (I think) erased my .bin image file from one of my ASA 5520s (We were in Active/Active configuration during testing, but decided to go with Active/Passive) so I attempted to erase the configuration but I used the wrong command. After the ASA booted straight into ROMMON because it said there was no boot image. I took the .bin file from my still working ASA tftpd it onto a server... loaded it onto the "Broken" ASA and it booted back into the ciscoasa> prompt, which was of course a good thing. Only problem is that now it says "Invalid DOS media or no media in slot" when I try to access disk0:, do a dir or save my running-config to my startup-config.

On a side note.... I am also getting this error when I try to enter my new activation key (and are these 2 things related.... ie. do I need the key to access Disk0:?)

ciscoasa# activation-key 0xe913324r 0xe4a42936 0x54e13828 0xc238c0d4 0xc55cg8547 (Made up numbers)

Failed to update the flash activation key

ERROR: Failed to update flash activation key

Any help regarding either issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

2 REPLIES

Re: ASA Error: Invalid DOS media or no media in slot

Just wanted to bump this back up the queue a little bit so people would be able to see it better... I figure someone out there has to know a fix

Thanks,

Chris

Re: ASA Error: Invalid DOS media or no media in slot

Hi i am in the same situation.

How do i tftp the bin file back to the ASA?

regards

Iwan

Views
Helpful
Replies