Replies

ASA HA can't failover

shawvoel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

Need help.

Issue 1

When bring down ASA firewall Master unit, ASA secondary unit would not change to Active mode, it always in standby mode. This problem only can resolve when we manually change the secondary firewall to Active mode or unplug any cables from Master unit. Please advice this is hardware restriction or configuration issue?

Issue 2

Sometime, after do some changing in the ASA firewall, certain interfaces will no functioning for instance this firewall we used 5 interface, when we change or add one policy, _interface 0_ will stop functioning, even from firewall also cannot ping to other device go through this interface. This problem only can resolve after reboot ASA firewall.

Issue 3

Sometime, after change the policy, ASA firewall has few policies no functioning whereas the interface still running, it only infected certain server. This issue also needs to reboot firewall to resolve it.

May I know this firewall we cannot do configuration in peak hours? Or have any procedure we need to follow when we do the policy changing?

Please advise, thank you.

Rgds,

Au Yeong Shaw Voel

2 Replies 2

shawvoel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

Here the output and configuration in my ASA.

Hi shawvoel ,

I guess you are running the 7.0.4 image.

I had major problems with failover to, the only image that worked fine so far was 7.0.5.

Try this Image, should fix most ( ***smile***) of the probs.

cheers

Yves

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: