Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Images

chrisbicm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am currently working with 2 seperate ASA 5520s and recently I erased the boot image from one of them (trying to erase the config, the new IOS version messed me up because of the no 'erase run' or 'erase start' commands) and cant seem to get access to download the image... I was wondering if anyone knew if it was at all possible for me to get the image (asa7xx-kx.bin) from my still working ASA (using tftp)so I dont have to pay Cisco (More Money!?!?!) just to get access to the software. Any help/config options would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris,

You should be able to copy flash:7xxx blah image to your tftp server from your working ASA just fine.

Just use the command copy flash:/blah.bin tftp://1.1.1.1/blah.bin replace "blah" with the image that is on the flash of your working ASA.

Patrick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi .. unfortunately I don'think this can be done as yu couold do it using a cisco router !!!

I hope it helps ... please rate it if it does !!!

Chris,

You should be able to copy flash:7xxx blah image to your tftp server from your working ASA just fine.

Just use the command copy flash:/blah.bin tftp://1.1.1.1/blah.bin replace "blah" with the image that is on the flash of your working ASA.

Patrick

Patrick,

I figured as much but I thought I might as well see what everyone else thought before I started configuring and wasting my time if it wouldnt work =)

Thanks for the help,

Chris

ooops ... my mistake I misunderstood your question .. indeed you can copy any file from flash to a tftp server. Inckuding config, adsmxx.bin, ios ..etc ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card