cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA - Looking at ACL's (0xdec67386)

ert021
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, this may be a silly question but what are the HEX numbers after the ACL all about? Can you use them to tie the ACCESS list hit with the line in the ASA? That would be cool. Thanks.

access-list inside-in line 8 extended permit tcp any any eq www (hitcnt=176581) 0xdec67386

2 Replies 2

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

The general format is hostname(config)# access-list access_list_name [line line_number] [extended] {deny | permit} protocol source_address mask [operator port] dest_address mask [operator port | icmp_type] [inactive].There is no hexadecimal number in picture.Refer the following URL for more information on the access list

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080450bf0.html

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Richard,

The hex number does not show up on 7.0. But, when I checked with 7.1 it does show up when you do a "show access-list". The interesting part is, the Hex number does not show up in the running configuration.

So, my guess is, the hex number is used to reference the access-list in memory. But, I dont see this documented anywhere in the Pix/ASA Documentation.

Having said that, I am not sure how much you could do with the Hex Number.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card