Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Registration Key Load Command

chrisbicm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just got a new registration key from Cisco by using my Serial Number (we had some problems with the memory getting erased) I was just wondering if anyone knew the exact command to load the new key onto my ASA 5520??

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris, here's a cut and paste from the site:

Entering a New Activation Key

To enter the activation key, enter the following command:

hostname(config)# activation-key key

The key is a four or five-element hexadecimal string with one space between each element. For example, a key in the correct form might look like the following key:

0xe02888da 0x4ba7bed6 0xf1c123ae 0xffd8624e

The leading 0x specifier is optional; all values are assumed to be hexadecimal.

If you are already in multiple context mode, enter this command in the system execution space.

Before entering the activation key, ensure that the image in Flash memory and the running image are the same. You can do this by rebooting the security appliance before entering the new activation key.

OTY-

Gary

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

that link actually didnt work for me.... just wondering if its like this

activation-key 0xe348djak-0x38duf9e-0x3948fds-0x39dffs9

(made up numbers)

Thanks,

Chris

I was just wondering if someone had a link to the actuall syntax of the command... the above link didnt work for me because I dont have access, Id just like to make sure I enter the command correctly.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Chris, here's a cut and paste from the site:

Entering a New Activation Key

To enter the activation key, enter the following command:

hostname(config)# activation-key key

The key is a four or five-element hexadecimal string with one space between each element. For example, a key in the correct form might look like the following key:

0xe02888da 0x4ba7bed6 0xf1c123ae 0xffd8624e

The leading 0x specifier is optional; all values are assumed to be hexadecimal.

If you are already in multiple context mode, enter this command in the system execution space.

Before entering the activation key, ensure that the image in Flash memory and the running image are the same. You can do this by rebooting the security appliance before entering the new activation key.

OTY-

Gary

Thanks Gary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: