Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASA,s with side to side VPN and EIGRP

Hi folks,

i have a problem with a customer project: Today they have a airlink 34Mbit connection to a other building and wish now to secure this link.

I have read on CCO that the 8.x software now can work with EIGRP. I need this because this is a EIGRP Network. So my problem is how to setup a VPN IPsec Side to Side connection that works with EIGRP. The SIde to Side is very easy (using ASDM) but what do i need to setup EIGRP to going over this Side to Side?

Building1 Router-- ASA--AIRLINK--ASA--Router2. The other problem is that they use a backup dark-fiber link 10Mbit for redundance and on the side from router1 they send with the EIGRP command variance 2 packets over the Airlink and over the backup link and all answers going back over the airlink.

any suggestions about this ?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Klaus

2 REPLIES

Re: ASA,s with side to side VPN and EIGRP

You can enable EIGRP routing on the ASA just like on a router (ie router eigrp ). The variance command allows unequal cost load balancing. You might want to do something like a floating static route for failover. Be careful with running EIGRP on an ASA, you can propagate unwanted routes. I prefer to not use a routing protocol on the firewall and just use the traditional ACLs.

HTH and please rate.

Re: ASA,s with side to side VPN and EIGRP

Hi HTH ,

thanks for your answer.the problem is that i need the EIRGP.Is it possible to use a GRE-Tunnel on both routers and send the EIGRP traffic over the side to side tunnel? so then the traffic over the airlink-connection is secure and the routing proccess works also right ?

Views
Helpful
Replies