cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[ASA] VPN Clustering max. devices and Site-to-Site

ThaMaster
Level 1
Level 1

I have some questions about VPN Clustering with a ASA.

1. How many devices can there be in a cluster?

2. I know that it is not possible to use Site-to-Site VPN in a cluster but can I near my Remote Access VPN cluster setup a Site-to-Site tunnel that is not load balanced and terminated directly to de device in stand of the cluster?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

To answer your questions:-

1) The max is 10 devices in a cluster

2) Yes...

"Load balancing is effective only on remote sessions initiated with the Cisco VPN Client (Release 3.0 and later), the Cisco VPN 3002 Hardware Client (Release 3.5 and later), or the ASA 5505 operating as an Easy VPN Client. All other clients, including LAN-to-LAN connections, can connect to a security appliance on which load balancing is enabled, but the cannot participate in load balancing."

HTH.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

To answer your questions:-

1) The max is 10 devices in a cluster

2) Yes...

"Load balancing is effective only on remote sessions initiated with the Cisco VPN Client (Release 3.0 and later), the Cisco VPN 3002 Hardware Client (Release 3.5 and later), or the ASA 5505 operating as an Easy VPN Client. All other clients, including LAN-to-LAN connections, can connect to a security appliance on which load balancing is enabled, but the cannot participate in load balancing."

HTH.