cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA VPN Policy Custom Firewall Vendor/Product ID's

luke.brain
Level 1
Level 1

We currently use a VPN concentrator where remote VPN clients connect successfully using BlackIce as a client firewall.

We're dropping BlackIce and moving toward TrendMicro Officescan's builtin firewall. Also, we have Cisco ASA boxes to replace the Concetrator's.

My question, is as Trend isn't listed as a supported firewall in the VPN Policies I have to select "Custom Firewall" I then must enter a "Vendor ID" and "Product ID" Does anyone know what these are or where I can find a list of them ?

I've contacted Trend but, I'm awaiting to hear back from them.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

thanks,

3 Replies 3

debawills
Level 1
Level 1

Luke,

Did you ever find this list of Vendor ID's and Product ID's? I am looking for that as well.

Debra

No, not the unofficial version. I know you can use items like Zone Alarm etc but, no answer on Trend Micro or others.

Luke

Luke,

Well I thank you very much for taking the time to answer me.

I appreciate it.

This is all I have found in the past couple of days:

On the VPN 3000 Concentrator, you can configure a custom firewall.

Currently there are no supported firewall configurations that you cannot choose from the menu on the VPN Concentrator.

This feature is mainly for future use. Nevertheless, the following table lists the vendor codes and products that are currently supported.

Table 1-2 Custom Vendor and Product codes

Vendor Vendor Code Products Product Code

Cisco Systems 1 Cisco Integrated Client (CIC) 1

Zone Labs 2 Zone Alarm 1

ZoneAlarm Pro 2 Zone Labs Integrity 3

NetworkICE 3 BlackIce Defender 1

Sygate 4 Sygate Personal Firewall 1

Sygate Pro 2 Sygate Security Agent 3

Cisco 5 Cisco Intrusion PreventionSecurity Agent 1

Thanks again,

Debra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: