Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA WebVPN scenario

cedricthehack
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a scenario I've been tasked with investigating, perhaps one of you can help me out. I have an ASA 8510 between two networks. Access flows only in one direction between these two networks, from outside to in. The ASA authenticates users and then forwards them to an internal web server. Once inside no calls outside are allowed. There is interest in requesting information from the outside network during user login such that the result of the request(a SAML assertion) can be passed inside. Is there a way that I can make a web service call to obtain that data during the login process from the ASA once the user has provided their credentials?

Thank You

1 Reply 1

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

Clientless SSL VPN (WebVPN) allows for limited but valuable secure access to the corporate network from any location. Users can achieve secure browser-based access to corporate resources at anytime. This document provides a straightforward configuration for the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) 5500 series to allow Clientless SSL VPN access to internal network resources.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card