cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA will randomly drop all VPN connectivity

andy-gerace
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA5540 that is in use as a VPN endpoint. I have both LAN to LAN and remote access VPN clients connecting to it. For the past 3 months it will randomly just drop all VPN packets. All other traffic will pass as it is supposed to, but no VPN traffic. I have to completely reload the ASA to revive VPN connectivity.

I was running a code version 7.2.1 but then updated to an interim release 7.2.1 (19) hoping to resolve the issue. No luck. My syslog shows an error message whenever it happens:

CRYPTO: The ASA hardware accelerator encountered an error (Unknown Error, code= 0x3B) while executing the command Process IPSec Outbound Packet (0x11)

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

Try this:

Check ForceKeepalive in your .pcf. You may add the following line to the bottom of the .pcf file if its not there:

ForceKeepAlives=1

Try this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_system_message_guide_chapter09186a008066633c.html#wp3110883

markbialik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem on my ASA5510. Did you ever figure out the cause or fix it?

Thanks,

Mark

kaachary
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Seems like a bug.

Open a TAC case.

-Kanishka

I did. And it is a bug: CSCsd43563

Mark

Not sure if you already knew or not, but there is a new version which is supposed to contain a fix for this bug out now.

asa722-14-k8.bin

Yup, they sent me a pre-release of 7.2.2.12 which fixed the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: