cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 & ASA5520

rickcorriveau
Level 1
Level 1

I have a rather simple question ( I hope). We have several ASA5510s and 5520s in our enterprise and we are wondering if users SSL remote access is compatible with Windows Vista. Will also need to know what needs to be done to make them compatible and also if the users clients will need to be updated as well or not. The current code is listed below. Where might I be able to locate this in the future?

-------------------

Boot microcode: CNlite-MC-Boot-Cisco-1.2

SSL/IKE

microcode: CNlite-MC-IPSEC-Admin-3.03

IPSec microcode: CNlite-MC-IPSECm-MAIN-2.04

----------------------------------------

Any information is greatly appreciated !!

Rick

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Rick, if you are refering to Webvpn which is SSL based the answer to your question is yes SSL vpn is supported on Windows vista or that has an SSL enable browser.

See this link for more details on SSL RA

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00806ea271.shtml

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

rickcorriveau
Level 1
Level 1

So the SSL will work with Vista users with out needing to update as long as the ASA code is 7.2 or higher?

Thanks again for your quick response, I have a heck of a time finding the necessary info on Cisco's site.

Yes it will, also the Annyconnect client is another solution for VPN client for VISTA OS as Cisco VPN client that regularly runs on XP or other Windows platforms other than vista is not supported under Vista OS.

AnnyConnect client is also SSL based.

Annyconnect client

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect20/release/notes/cvcrn200.html

HTH

Jorge

PLS rate any helpful posts if it helped

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: