Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 VLANs??

lxcollin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if the base asa5510 supports vlans? I know that the 5510 with the Security Plus license supports vlans, but I am receiving conflicting information on the base model. The following link says the base model supports 10 vlans... http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_models_comparison.html, but this link says that it supports 0 vlans... http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_data_sheet0900aecd802930c5.html.

Thanks for your help!!!

-Lee

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

I feel in the first link they have mentioned about the possible no of VLANs supported by ASA 5510 which is its capability when compared to other models available and in the second link which is the data sheet talks about the requirement which is the ip security license here to have the required no of vlans configured/supported in the box.

regds

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Lee,

As of version 7.1 the 5510 base now supports 10 Vlans and the 5510 plus now supports 25 Vlans. The data sheet in the second link is out of date as it refers to version 7.0 software.

Basically the 7.1 software upped the number of vlans in the base model from 0 to 10 as well as increasing the maximum vpn peers and maximum connections.

Hope that helps,

Andrew.

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Lee,

As of version 7.1 the 5510 base now supports 10 Vlans and the 5510 plus now supports 25 Vlans. The data sheet in the second link is out of date as it refers to version 7.0 software.

Basically the 7.1 software upped the number of vlans in the base model from 0 to 10 as well as increasing the maximum vpn peers and maximum connections.

Hope that helps,

Andrew.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: