Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

ASA5520 - Failover questions

Hi!

I have 2 ASAs configured in single context mode, wich allows only Active/Stand by failover, and i have the folowing questions:

- on each interface/subnetwork i only need 2 IP addresses, the physical IP (equal on both ASAs) e the standby IP?

- to achieve link and statefull failover do i have to use 2 GigaEthernet ports or just onde does the job?

- to achieve link and statefull failover can i connect them using a crossover cable or do i need a swicth?

Regards,

JP

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: ASA5520 - Failover questions

Cisco ASA 5500 Series appliances that are configured as a failover pair continuously synchronize their connection state and device configuration data. In the event of a system or network failure, network sessions are automatically transitioned between firewalls, with complete transparency to users. Provides a complementary solution to Active/Standby failover, where both systems in an Active/Active failover pair actively pass network traffic simultaneously-effectively doubling the throughput of the failover pair for bursty network traffic conditions 7 Supports bidirectional state sharing between Active/Active failover pair members for support of advanced network environments with asymmetric routing topologies, allowing flows to enter through one Cisco ASA 5500 Series appliance and exit through the other, if required.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_data_sheet0900aecd802c1d00.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content