Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA5520 loses its DNS for VPN

I have an ASA 5520 that has VPN configured on it. I have set up the in the DfltGrpPolicy the DNS and WINS ip addresses. I have experienced on several (4+) occasions where the DNS and WINS just disappears from the configuration. I have a VPNgroup policy that uses the default to get its DNS and WINS. On one occasion the device had mysteriously rebooted by itself and I noticed it missing. The other times it is just missing. I put it back in, Apply the changes and click Save (using the ASDM to configure it). Is this a known issue that is fixed with a new release? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Does Cisco has an answer to this issue?

Thanks for listening.

Brian.

1 REPLY

Re: ASA5520 loses its DNS for VPN

In the same group policy where you have the split tunnel networks configured, specify the domains that you want to be resolved via the secured networks using the "split-dns" command.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/multisec/asa_sw/v_7_1/cmd_ref/s8_711.htm#wp1078384

Views
Helpful
Replies