Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM 5.0(2) - "ASDM hangs at 47%"

leonvd79
Level 4
Level 4

NetPros,

I hope this is the appropriate forum to post issues regarding ASDM.

I have a problem with ASDM 5.0(2) running on ASA 5510 with PIX version 7.0(2).

I added an access rule, applied it and later removed the rule. I used the building blocks to create a group of devices that was associated with the rule.

When removing ASDM lauched a alert window stating that one or more CLI command could not be intepreted by ASDM. It stated that the removal of a remark could not be completed because it wasn't in the running-configuration.

When I finished my session and saved the running-configuration to NVRAM ASDM hanged at 47%. The status after 8 hours is still "Parsing running configuration...".

When accessing the terminal console I issued a show version and show running-config. When the configuration reaches this object-group:

"object-group network Linux_Servers

network-object SERVER032 255.255.255.255

network-object SERVER938 255.255.255.255

network-object SERVER934 255.255.255.255

network-object SERVER382 255.255.255.255"

The terminal console hangs. I've tried to abort with CTRL-C and tried to break the terminal connection however with no avail.

On my quest for information I have found a bug CSCsb60301 "ASDM hangs at 47% (and java error with prefix-list configured w/ a name." in the release notes of a newer version of ASDM ( 5.0(4) ).

However I am unable to access the bug toolkit because this customer does not hold a valid support contract, which is ironically on the desk of the IT Manager waiting to be signed.

I would be grateful I anyone can review the bugreport and reply with a workaround - if any.

Any pointers and or suggestions are welcome. Many thanks in advance.

Leon van Dongen

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

When using a prefix list mention the ip address instead of a name.

That was a bug that was fixed in a patch. Login to CCO and check it out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: