Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asignacion de dos subnets por parte de mi ISP.

Tuve la necesidad de pedir mas direcciones IP's publicas a mi ISP, el problema es que me lo asigno en otro rango, el otro rango se lo asigno al mismo router como secondary, el problema es que no lo puedo ver aun asignandoselo a otra interfaz de mi router. Como puedo hacer para que asi como se lo asigno al router, yo tambien se lo pueda asignar a la outside ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Asignacion de dos subnets por parte de mi ISP.

You can use secondary IP addresses on routers to configure multiple IP addresses for the same interface.

But, this is not possible if you are configuring PIX firewall. PIX cannot have more than 1 IP addresses for a physical or logical interface.

Hope this helps. rate replies if found useful.

Regards

Raj

4 REPLIES

In English please :):)

How to make for assign two public ip's to outside ?

You can use secondary IP addresses on routers to configure multiple IP addresses for the same interface.

But, this is not possible if you are configuring PIX firewall. PIX cannot have more than 1 IP addresses for a physical or logical interface.

Hope this helps. rate replies if found useful.

Regards

Raj

If I understood your spanish question you have two distinct public IP subnets routed to your router and you are asking how to use it having a PIX firewall behind the router.

You can't assign more than 1 IP to the outside interface of the PIX, but you can use the two subnets with no problem.

The two subnets are both routed from the internet to your router. So take one of the subnets, put one of its addresses to the router ethernet and another one to the outside PIX interface. Then configure the router (or ask the ISP to configure it) to route the second subnet to the IP just assigned to the outside interface of the PIX. So you can nat on the PIX using IP addresses of both subnets.

It's a configuration similar to the one where the second subnet is behind the pix and you create something like a point-to-point network between the router and the PIX.

Let me know if I could help you.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content