cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Askes about certificate when preshared key used

mobielcentre
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 877 adsl router and at the endponts i have a windows 2003sbs and a windows XP sp2 client.

When i try to connect to the server via vpn (L2TP/IPSec) with a shared key i almost instantly get a message that no certificate is found. Wich is true since i don't want to use certificates. I am sure that the client and server both have the same preshared key. If i use the same settings on a local machine (client in the same domain) i get a working vpn connection.

So my thoughts go to the router.

But whatever i try on there, forward ports, set firewall settings, setup the easy vpn server, the remote client still gives the error 781, that he cannot find a certificate.

What am i doing wrong or what should i do to get the VPN working with windows and the 877 router. I prefer a full passthrough to the server. (dont have RADIUS or any special things, just a 2003sbs (wich will be vpn server) and a 2003 standard server)

2 Replies 2

aacole
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Maybe an obvious question, but you do have the statemnent `authentication pre-share' under the ISAKMP policy?

EG:

crypto isakmp policy 10

encr 3des

hash md5

authentication pre-share

group 2

Andy

I have. The difference with your example and my config is that i have "policy 1" and no "hash md5"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: