Views
Helpful
Replies

auditmypc can get the info of my private ip

winanjaya
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Hi I am very new with this, I try to test my firewall by running firewall testing on www.auditmypc.com and I was wondered with the result below:

We Found Private Information!

172.16.x.xx - Private IP

Full details found [here]

why they can find the info of my private ip ? .. how to deal with this? .. I need advise .. thanks a lot in advance

Regards

Winanjaya

2 Replies 2

Patrick Iseli
Level 7
Level 7

They get that information from your browser. Not from the Firewall.

Forget about that or Secure your Browser. Use Firefox with NoScript and Adblock ...

sincerely

Patrick

Aaron Wedemeyer
Level 1
Level 1

172.16 does not sound like your private IP address, it sounds like your PIX is working exactly right. You set an IP address for your PIX that the "world" can see, one usually designated by your ISP. Then you configure your truly private IP range inside of the PIX. When you go to the site, the only IP address found is your PIX's public address. In that way, anyone who tried to attack your computer would be attacking the PIX interface, and (hopefully) not have access to your internal files/computers/data.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: