cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

autocmd with TACACS

p.tournier
Level 1
Level 1

On a TACACS server, it is possible when a user logon to automatically execute an order, for example "show version" with the AV pairs autocmd. I know that this is possible for a switch IOS but it is possible to do the same with a switch CAtOs and how ?

thanks.

4 Replies 4

yusuff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, it is possible using the TACACS+ AV pair "autocmd"

eg;

autocmd=

Specifies an autocommand to be executed at EXEC startup (for example, autocmd=telnet domain.com). Used only with service=shell.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacs4nt/csnt24/csnt24ug/ap_tacac.htm

HTH

R/Yusuf

Yes, I have tested that with one switch IOS, that work well. But when I will use the same command witch switch CatOs, it does not occur anything. The problem is that I search to do the same as IOS with CATOS

Thanks

not sure if it works on CatOS, have to try in lab first, will let you know though.

What CatOS you are using and which Cat switch ??

R/Yusuf

Yes I have try it in lab, it is working for switch ios but not with CatOs, I don't know if I must give specific command, or simply we can't do that.

Actually I use one switch catalyst 4000 with release 7.2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: