Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bandwidth Requirements

We are considering VPN connectivity and the question that has arisen is if we have enough bandwidth to support the potential VPN's. The remote users want to VPN in via cable or DSL there would also be some 56k connections intertwined as well. We have 3 T-1's that currently support about 325 people on our network. There would be about 40 VPN's implemented for our remote users. 20 with High Speed access and the others via modem. I have 2 2620 routers that I could install the VPN module in. I also have a Pix 515 firewall. The Pix has 2 Dedicated VPN's running on it. What do I need for hardware? And do I have sufficient bandwidth to support these possible incoming connetions? My manager is most concerned about having users come in via VPN and totally saturated our 3 T-1'S. Any assistance/input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Bandwidth Requirements

You should setup bandwidth management and QoS tools when setting up your VPN. Networks usually send too many packets into the network in bursts and creating network bottlenecks. Setting up QoS should give you more efficient use of your existing bandwidth. You should still have your Cisco design engineers give you their recommendations for bandwidth and hardware.

Views
Helpful
Replies