Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Basic configuration of Pix 506e

I'm trying to change the Pix inside IP adress and DHCP scope, both the web interface and the command line interface tell me that the ip address doesn't match the scope ....or that the scope doesn't match the local interface. I have tried turning off DHCP and I'm getting the same error. I know I must be missing something real simple.

Help Please!

2 REPLIES

Re: Basic configuration of Pix 506e

Hi,

I think PIX506e comes with DHCP configuration. You have to remove manuall all DHCP-associated parametes, including the scope/range before you can edit/change the config. The easiest way is to clear the factory-default config using "write erase" command (remove default config only, not deleting any files), and reload the unit to get it booted with fresh config (no ip & DHCP config).

Once rebooted, you need to use CLI to condigure basic setup, e.g enabling interfaces, assigning IP Address and activating web-based management GUI (PDM). The steps are similar for all PIX models.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080172786.html#wp1128755

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps2032/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008017a423.html

Rgds,

AK

Re: Basic configuration of Pix 506e

The dhcpd engine doesn't like not having a valid network.

To get around this, disable the dhcpd server first,

no dhcpd enable inside

which allows you to then remove the address assignment:

no dhcpd address...(your line here)

then modify your inside address/netmask, something like this:

ip address inside 10.20.30.0 255.255.255.0

and put back in or make a new dhcp range within the new network:

dhcpd address 10.20.30.40-10.20.30.50 inside

then reenable dhcpd:

dhcpd enable inside

Views
Helpful