cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic PIX VPN question

waltb123
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you in advance to anyone who reads my post! I was able to setup a VPN solution using PPTP, and once authenticated on the PIX-506E, users then use Remote Desktop to connect to their Windows XP machines. Works very well, for people who actually work in the office and have a computer here. My question is, what is the best method to allow outside users from other offices to connect to our PIX and access our LAN without having a computer inside? How do I allow access to our fileserver? Can I map a drive letter to our shared folders like our internal clients do now? Im not a certified cisco person, but I can read and understand knoweledge base articles. I was able to get the easy PPTP solution working, so if someone could just point me to that kind of instructional documents that would be awesome. Thanks again!

2 Replies 2

afakhan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can use ipsec client or same pptp clients to do that, they should be able to map network drives, and/or use network neighborhood, they dont need a PC to do above.

Thx

Afaq

THanks for helping out a newb Afaq. I appreciate it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: