Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Basic PIX VPN question

Thank you in advance to anyone who reads my post! I was able to setup a VPN solution using PPTP, and once authenticated on the PIX-506E, users then use Remote Desktop to connect to their Windows XP machines. Works very well, for people who actually work in the office and have a computer here. My question is, what is the best method to allow outside users from other offices to connect to our PIX and access our LAN without having a computer inside? How do I allow access to our fileserver? Can I map a drive letter to our shared folders like our internal clients do now? Im not a certified cisco person, but I can read and understand knoweledge base articles. I was able to get the easy PPTP solution working, so if someone could just point me to that kind of instructional documents that would be awesome. Thanks again!

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Basic PIX VPN question

Hi,

You can use ipsec client or same pptp clients to do that, they should be able to map network drives, and/or use network neighborhood, they dont need a PC to do above.

Thx

Afaq

Re: Basic PIX VPN question

THanks for helping out a newb Afaq. I appreciate it.

Views
Helpful
Replies