Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big problem with importing configuration to the CSPM

Hello,

I have a big problem!

1- I've installed CSPM as a standalone in my workstation.

2- I've imported the configuration of a network by "Config Import Tool". This generates an xml file.

3- I've made "Import configuration from CSPM. But when I click to a device, specially a PIX, this generates a Dr Watson Error which is :

"An application error has occured and an application error log is being generated

Cfmi.exe

Exception : access violation (0xc0000005), address 0x118c5930 "

And in the log file, I found :

"Warning:CSPM server and management address not available. Setting it to 0 for device->PIXTest"

I suppose that is a problem related to the GUI, as the process Cfmi.exe is for the GUI interface.

In addition, in the Event viewer, I've had these errors, related to the installation

a- The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( CSPM ) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): CtErr: Can't open reg key 0. (Twice)

b- Syslogger unable to initialize.

Although, I've started from the beginning, I mean that I've installed properly :

- Windows NT Server 4.0

- Internet Explorer from the CSPM CD.

- Service pack 6.0 from the CSPM CD.

- CSPM.

I wonder what I can do to avoid this problem, because I've managed to work with CSPM, but with this error I can't work with it.

Thank you very much in advance.

I'm waiting for your response impatiently.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Big problem with importing configuration to the CSPM

I wonder if it's a conflict with other software on the machine or a permissions issue. I would definitely open a case with Cisco on this. Let me know what you find!!!

Re: Big problem with importing configuration to the CSPM

The first thing you need to do when you import a configuration from an other machine ist to correct the settings of your CSMP node.

Either move it to the right subnet

Or create a new CSPM Host in the subnet you are in and change the Settings in your managed Devices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content