Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BLAT winsock error in Security Monitor 2.1

Hello,

I'm currently using VMS 2.3 and could not get notifications via email in the security monitor to function. While testing the BLAT for sending SMTP messages, I received a "GENSOCK.DLL Error" popup, it states an unexpected error 10053 from winsock. I could not find any help on this anywhere. Does anyone out there have an answer?

Thanks,

Waydon

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: BLAT winsock error in Security Monitor 2.1

Is this error happens when you enable the script for the email notification. Did you try to enable only the email notification without the script and are you getting the same error.

Configure E-mail Notifications with Scripts for IDS Alerts Using CiscoWorks Monitoring Center for Security

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/products_configuration_example09186a00801fc770.shtml

Re: BLAT winsock error in Security Monitor 2.1

Hi mchin324,

Thanks for the reply. I tried both methods in my setup and both do not send email notifications. I receive the error only when I run the blat test specified in the troubleshooting section from the documentation. The same documentation as the link you've provided.

Waydon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content