cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

blocking ip addresses and/or ports

ngross
Level 1
Level 1

I want to be able to block my clients from any unwanted ip address and/or ports. I've tried using a "conduit deny" but it didn't work. any ideas?

Hardware:

Pix 506

IOS:

Ver. 5.2

6 Replies 6

shabib.syed
Level 1
Level 1

you can use

outbound apply command

for e.g denying users to this ip 205.188.245.121 for http

outbound 12 deny 205.188.245.121 255.255.255.255 80 tcp

apply (inside) 12 outgoing_dest

smcgough
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using version 6.1.3 - you can issue

pix(conf)# "shun 123.123.123.123"

this will deny that web address from reaching user.

ddemers
Level 1
Level 1

Here's an example that would only allow your clients to use HTTP and telnet:

access-l acl_in permit tcp any any eq www

access-l acl_in permit tcp any any eq telnet

access-g acl_in in interface inside

The implicit deny will block everything else. I don't recall which IOS version introduced access-list support, so you may have to upgrade. Hope this helps.

g.rodegari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you can configure access-list instead the conduits or, if you use a firmware after a 6.0 you can use

the shunning command.

Bye,

Graz.

ngross
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all the input.

What I was trying to accomplish was to be able to shutdown access Morpheus and other internet based applications on our network. It was getting to the point that band width was a minium.

I ended up using the outbound and apply commands to do this. Restricting all connections except some specific ports. The only thing is, I can see this possiblly becoming a management nightmare in the future.

Thanks again

hi,

for bloking Morpheus and other kazaa application you must to deny the access at the destination tcp port 1214.

regards,

graz.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: