Views
Helpful
Replies

Branch Office VOIPs do not register.

dgfleitas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

I've been breaking my head on this for a few weeks and nothing seems to be working.

I have three PIX 515e, one at each office.

ALL VOIPs are Polycom 300IP phones.

We have a main office (called PB) with 15 VOIP phones.

We have a branch office (called JAX) with 2 VOIP phones.

We have a branch office (called JADE) with 2 VOIP phones.

All site VOIPs must register with a hosted PBX outside of all three offices (called TN).

All 15 VOIPs at PB are registering and working with TN.

Only one of two VOIPs at JAX is registering with TN.

No VOIPs at JADE are registering with TN.

VPN Tunnels are up and functioning between PB and JAX and PB and JADE. Able to ping both ways and users in both branch sites are able to map folders to our servers.

I have opened UDP 5060 (SIP) on all interfaces. It seems there is initial conversation between TN and JAX and JADE but receiving following errors at both branches.

Pre-allocate SIP for secondary channel blah blah blah and followed immediately with a

Teardown UDP connection blah blah blah

I have attached configs for all three PIX 515e boxes (edited for security).

Could somebody take a gander at this and help me out. I'm at a complete loss.

Thank you so much in advance and have a great day!

4 Replies 4

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

You probably want to post this in the Securtiy forum, rather than the VoIP forum. This is more for the Cisco VoIP products (CallManager, etc) rather than general VoIP questions.

However, if you really are running PIXs, my $0.02 worth is to make sure you don't have SIP inspection turned on.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestion GTG! I went ahead and posted it on the "security" bb and I'm going to look into SIP inspection.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestion GTG! I went ahead and posted it on the "security" bb and I'm going to look into SIP inspection.

Can you please MOVE this thread to the Security section and delete the duplicate post you've created?

Here's the link to your duplicate post:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2260989

done, thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: