Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

browsing the Internet while connected to VPN not working

I'm using Cisco client ver 3.6.3(a) & connecting to a 2621 router running, 12.2(11)T3. I can establish a VPN connection without any problems. I can connect to the internal networks while connected to VPN but I cannot browse the Internet if I have an established VPN connection. Once I disconnect my client VPN, I can browse the Internet. I have looked at split tunneling but I'm not sure where to start. I have enabled Local Lan routes on the client but it still does not work. I get local lan access disabled status on my VPN client while it is connected to VPN.

thanks,

2 REPLIES

Re: browsing the Internet while connected to VPN not working

HI

Split tunneling is what you are missing. By default the VPN client will receive a full default route when connected through VPN.

Something like the following is that you need:

crypto isakmp client configuration group barrygroup

key barrykey

pool client-pool

acl 102

!

access-list 102 permit ip 10.1.200.0 0.0.0.255 any

access-list 102 remark Split Tunnel for remote VPN Client Access

This will only the 10.1.200.0/24 network out to the remote VPN client. Change this to reflect the networks that your client needs access to.

Hope this helps. Regards, Barry

Re: browsing the Internet while connected to VPN not working

Barry,

Thanks for the quick reply. It worked. What I had to do based on your suggestion was to create access-lists & apply it to the:

crypto isakmp client configuration group "mygroup"

acl 101

access-list 101 permit ip "inside corp network1" to "ip pool from vpn"

access-list 101 permit ip "inside corp network2" to "ip pool from vpn"

Now the secured routes are showing on the client VPN status & I can browse the Internet while there is an established VPN connection.

Thanks again,

Views
Helpful
Replies