Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CA and PIX -

People:

I have a Certificate authority behind a PIX firewall... and I need some clients to access this CA to validate the digital certificates.... does anybody know which ports need to be opened to allow this functionality??

I don't have IPSec implemented...

Thanks!!

Luis.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: CA and PIX -

Depends on the CA. Microsoft CA's are web-based and only require TCP port 80. Check with your specific vendor's documentation to see what you need to allow through.

If you're still not sure, connect to it from an inside PC and try and see what ports it uses. If it's all web-based then TCP port 80 at least, but see if it maps to another port or something after the initial connection. A sniffer might help to. Once you have an idea of what ports, allow them through in the PIX then try a connection from the outside. If it doesn't work, enable syslog on the PIX and look for "deny" messages, they'll tell you what protocol and ports the PIX is denying through.

Views
Helpful
Replies