Views
Helpful
Replies

CAM web admin user password reset

eakay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have just reset to root password of CAM appliance and run perfigo config. I was expecting to reset admin ( Web user) pasword too via config script, but script is finalizing just after root password change option. I need to recover admin password too. Is there any way to change it without re imaging the appliance. Kind regards

Tolga

Version is 4.5

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

The default admin user is in the default Full-Control Admin group and is a special system user with full control privileges that can never be removed from the Clean Access Manager. For example, a Full-Control user can log in and delete his/her own account, but one cannot log in as user admin and delete the admin account.

What I've understood is, it is not possible to recover lost admin password without re-image the appliance. Actually I've already re-imaged the appliance a few days ago and I have the admin password now :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: