Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can cisco 2612 router allow local LAN access to VPN Client?

I have a cisco 2612 router with an 16 modem module installed. This router is used to get remote access to internal network, the dial-up client establishes a tunneling with cisco 2612 router through VPN Client. These dial-up clients need to use local resources (like printers) from their own LAN at the same time they are accessing the remote LAN.

As I understand there is a VPN 3000 concentrator that allows the implementations of this scheme. Could you please confirm me that this is possible to allow local LAN access using cisco 2612 router and VPN Client?

And if is true, can you explain me the detailed configuration to be done on the router or where to find this information?

2 REPLIES

Re: Can cisco 2612 router allow local LAN access to VPN Client?

Hi,

It can be done on a router with 12.2.8T above version.

Details see following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/471/ios-unity.html

Best Regards,

Re: Can cisco 2612 router allow local LAN access to VPN Client?

Let me explain better what I am trying to ask you.

I need to configure a solution in order to dial-up users could get access to their local LAN resources a the same time that they have the VPN Client tunnel active with remote central network. These dial-up users are working from a remote building and there they have a local LAN with for example printers. So they need to have access to applications on the remote central network at the same time they need to use local printers.

I know that a can enable the "allow local LAN access" feature in VPN client, but I don't know how to configure NAS (cisco 2612 router) and ACS to enable this feature.

Thanks in advance.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content