cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I define new Services in PDM 2.11?

jkeeffe
Level 2
Level 2

I'm creating a Service Group to include FTP, Telnet and Ping. For Ping the list of Services to choose from only has Echo and not Echo-reply. Can I create a new service called Echo-reply with the appropriate port?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'll have to create two different object groups here, one for TCP protocols such as FTP and Telnet, and one for ICMP protocols such as echo and echo-reply. You can't create one object group that will include a TCP protocol and an ICMP protocol.

Now, within PDM 2.1 you can create TCP object groups under the Tools - Service Groups section. You can't however, create ICMP object groups within PDM at this time (see http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pdm/v_21/pdmrn21/pdmrn21.htm#xtocid23), so you'll have to create this using the standard CLI. PDM will load it in but won't be able to change it or do anything with it. PM will continue to function as normal though, but anything you want to do with this ICMP object-group will have to be done via the CLI.

Oh, the "echo" you're seeing under the TCP/UDP object-groups are TCP Echo and UDP echo, completely different to ICMP echo.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'll have to create two different object groups here, one for TCP protocols such as FTP and Telnet, and one for ICMP protocols such as echo and echo-reply. You can't create one object group that will include a TCP protocol and an ICMP protocol.

Now, within PDM 2.1 you can create TCP object groups under the Tools - Service Groups section. You can't however, create ICMP object groups within PDM at this time (see http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pdm/v_21/pdmrn21/pdmrn21.htm#xtocid23), so you'll have to create this using the standard CLI. PDM will load it in but won't be able to change it or do anything with it. PM will continue to function as normal though, but anything you want to do with this ICMP object-group will have to be done via the CLI.

Oh, the "echo" you're seeing under the TCP/UDP object-groups are TCP Echo and UDP echo, completely different to ICMP echo.