Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can not ping host on LAN through VPN

Hello,

My problem is that I can connect to my office LAN via VPN and I can ping my default router there , but I can not ping any of the host machines attached to the my office's LAN. I'm thinking there may be an issue with an ACL but I have not been able to find it. I have attached my router's config> I hope some one can help.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Can not ping host on LAN through VPN

Hi,

Is it just ping that is not working? Can you rdp to the machines on your network?

John

I can ping all of the active interfaces, I can not map a network drive using the IP address. I'm not sure what you mean about rdp?

Randell

I'm still having problems with connectivity to my lan through the VPN. As I stated above I can ping the default router and all of theactive interfaces on the router, but I cannot ping or connect to any host or lan assests. I have attached an output of the remote router's config. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Although i did not go through the entire Running config throughly , I think Router is assigning Ip address to it's remote VPN Clients with same subnet as that of LAN .I had similar issue and had to provide a diffrent Range (EG 192.168.3.0/24)for Vpn clients.And obvisouly you have to modifiy access-list for VPN client to be able to talk to your LAN Devices .

Views
Helpful
Replies